Rnumerai - R Interface to the Numerai Machine Learning Tournament API


#1

Greetings fellow Data Scientists!

On behalf of Omni Analytics Group and the Numerai team, we’d like to formally announce the release of the Rnumerai package, an R interface to the Numerai Machine Learning Tournament API. You can find the public repository here:

The goal of this software package is to streamline the process of downloading tournament data, submitting predictions, gathering user information, and staking NMR. New data scientists will be able to use the framework to more easily participate, while seasoned AIs will be able to leverage the package’s features to automate their current R workflows. We’ve taken special care to include a readme file that walks through the major functionality of the package in a sample workflow that takes the user from installation all the way to receiving a TX hash from a successful stake. Included in the package as an Easter egg is a GraphQL wrapper that supports custom queries. We hope everyone finds this package useful. If you encounter a problem or have suggestions, feel free to open an issue.

Best of luck!
The Omni Analytics Team


#2

Great. THanks for doing this.

i’m having trouble creating my api token though – keep getting ‘bad login credentials’ when using my account name/password.
@pcmonk


#3

Make sure you aren’t using “apitoken” and “apikey” as your account name and password. Generating an API key isn’t done within the software package, so you’ll need to have one before you get started.


#4

@OmniAnalytics thanks for the reply. I used my account name and login so it wasn’t as you said. but no worries. when i checked again this morning, it now prompts me to enter my 2FA number. solved.


#5

Glad to hear it’s working!


#6

spoke too soon. i experimented with the user_info() function. returned values were NULL.


#7

You can post your session info, a copy-pasta of the screen with the outputs of your command or open an issue on Github and we’ll look into it.


#8

here you go


#9

Few suggestions:

  1. first enter the public_id/public key instead of user name…the second call has your private key, that’s fine
  2. make sure your scopes are selected properly…see below

image

Hope this helps!


#10

maybe that’s the problem. my public key is also my user name. that’s just how i created it. let me try again. thanks


#11

I think you are confusing the Key Name with public ID.
When you visit the Accounts -> Custom API Keys, The Public ID is listed there.
Public ID is a 32 character alphanumeric key.
That’s what you need to put in set_public_id instead of Key Name.