Just wanted to share my experience on converting the awarded USD to NMR for saving your NMR in your own ethereum wallet or for staking.
- create ethereum wallet (https://medium.com/tokenclub/how-to-create-your-own-ethereum-wallet-using-myetherwallet-fcb494e1a05 or https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/wiki/Managing-your-accounts).
- install and create MetaMask account in browser (https://metamask.io/).
- import eth wallet using privatekey or keystore to MetaMask.
- from numer.ai withdraw USD to ethereum wallet, which is stored as ETH.
- convert ETH to NMR on an exchange, I used shapeshift.io in conjunction with MetaMask, at this point, you can then direct the NMR to the same ethereum wallet or to your numer.ai account.
- monitor the transaction process with https://etherscan.io
- confirm transaction by checking the wallet in https://etherscan.io, under Misc, there should be a Token Tracker that shows you the available NMR you have.
- to send/receive NMR, you can use myetherwallet (https://www.myetherwallet.com more instructions: http://www.tokenverse.com/blog/how-to-transfer-your-mbrs-using-metamask-and-myetherwallet-ethplorer-explanation-step-by-step/)