Withdrawing NMR to Coinbase == Destroyed

Well I did something incredibly stupid and has withdrawn my NMR to Coinbase, without reading the following warning:

Withdrawals are irreversible. Exchanges like Coinbase do not yet support tokens like NMR, so withdrawing to an exchange address will possibly destroy them.

Since it “will possibly destroy” the NMR, is there any hope for me to recover the NMR? Any help would be really appreciated. Otherwise, let this serve as a warning for the others. Thanks!

Check the transaction that happened when you withdrew. You can go to etherscan.io, and search for your numerai wallet address and check the transactions it has done. If the transaction failed for some reason you should still have your NMR in your numerai wallet, though the admin might need to fix something for it to properly display. If the transaction went through, you’re probably out of luck – you’d have to contact Coinbase support in that case.

That’s about a nightmare… Maybe someday I’ll actually get access to my old account again, but my “Magic 8 Ball” keeps saying “hahahahaha… Nope”

Thanks both. Looks like I am out of luck and what a costly lesson :frowning:

Update: Looking at the TxHash, the transaction went through (with 2063 block confirmations now). I’ve also contacted Coinbase and they gave me a canned response along the lines of “Unfortunately, digital currency transactions using most blockchains are irreversible” and that “Digital Currencies or other tokens that are not listed on this page are not supported by Coinbase. Coinbase is unable to process any transaction made using an unsupported Digital Currency.”. Since Coinbase doesn’t release the private key of my ETH wallet, there doesn’t seem to be a way for me to initiate a transfer of the NMR out…

Really sorry to hear that. I know it doesn’t help but I almost did the same thing…

Yeah, sounds like it’s gone. Hopefully it wasn’t too large an amount. Sorry.

Sorry to hear that dude, feel sorry for the lost. However, keep the lesson gained, it more valuable.