- Proposal: OpenSignals (GitHub - councilofelders/opensignals) is an open source library with goal of enabling new users to quickly download data (from any source) and submit predictions to the Signals tournament. Anyone in the community can work on the project.
- Timeline: @jrdi has already forked his ysignals project into opensignals and this new library should see ongoing development.
- Best case outcome: Success would include at least two more data sources being integrated into the library, a healthy issues and reporting section, etc. We have done initial spec’ing of the library here: OpenSignals Spec Outline - Google Docs. New users get onboarded to the Signals tournament due to ease of use of the opensignals.
- Worst case outcome: Development of the library stagnates, bugs go unnoticed and small errors compound to reduce Signals meta-model efficacy.
- Success criteria: A healthy github repo with issues, pull requests, etc. The signals example script should use opensignals to improve the readability and “iterability” of the code.
- Funding: Retrospective funding to @jrdi in the amount of $1750 (~35 hours @ $50/hr). Exact number of NMR to be determined at time of payment, roughly 46.6 NMR at current prices. Ongoing payments should be made post-hoc as pull requests are incorporated and the value of each pull request is assessed.
- Other (see comments)/ See Results