Will model deletion ever be added?

I have a few old models and one I even created by accident and seeing the history of them and the space they take up is really annoying. Will there ever be a way to delete a model and its history? Even if the history is needed for some kind of calculations Numerai does, it would be nice to at least hide the model from our end, but not even that is possible. Are there any reasons why this is? Or any updates on it?

I’m asking because previous posts on this just had a “no” as an answer to if it’s possible, but I want to know why not and if it will ever be possible

2 Likes

For transparency, etc etc nothing should ever be totally wiped from the record. (Maybe you don’t want to see your old model, but I might as part of looking at historical data. All models every round are part of the whole context of that round.) So what you should be asking for is simply a way to hide one of your own models from display on your own models page (assuming you aren’t submitting anything on that slot anymore). One thing you can do now is change the model name, so if that makes it less annoying. Or you know…submit something with it…establish a new history.

1 Like