This is an initial draft of the Facilitator proposal. Community and CoE input are encouraged. Changes and updates are to be added in later versions as they are needed.
Overview: The current CoE’s primary responsibility at this time is managing the treasury and proposal pipeline. The general consensus in the public CoE rocket chat is, that some version of @aventurine’s “Facilitator” concept could help with the management of emerging processes and further decentralize the CoE as the group grows, and add a single point of contact for communication between the community, professional parties and all of the future CoE subgroups.
It’s also been suggested, after the final version of the position is voted on, and the CoS is voted in, other positions are added to the CoE for those who have ideas, time, and energy. This again encourages forward momentum and further decentralizes the process.
Proposal: What follows is a basic outline of community input for the position.
Duties of the Facilitator/Chief of Staff:
- Will act as a liaison between the CoE and community members on new and existing proposals, communicating status and final vote via the forum or a future app agreed on by members and the community. The Facilitator will also work within any finalized process for dividing the workload between members, which is currently in discussion.
- Will generate new proposals from community input and ideas as RFP’s after CoE input and general review. This includes managing any process for idea generation such as town hall meetings, idea contests, etc.
- Will organize and maintain CoE meeting scheduling and minutes for those meetings for general dissemination to the community.
- Will work with the members and community to identify topics of concern and internal or external expertise to address those issues: i.e. Corporate structure, domicile, tax issues, securities, legal concerns, and so on.
- The Facilitator will keep all CoE subsets (treasury etc) informed of operational needs in a structured way, via an official memorandum and proposals to meet all requirements and keep the DAO in good standing and its members safe.
- Will provide oversite on projects so as not to interfere with production but keep track of items that may have fallen through the digital cracks.
- The Facilitator will recruit, organize and work with other CoE members and volunteers to keep projects on time and moving forward.
- The facilitator will agree to provide a minimum of 4-8 hours a week to the position. All hours will be documented and reported based on a schedule TBD.
- 200 NMR annually for the four to 8 hours of weekly production.
- up to 200 NMR incentive bonus annually based on performance. This could be distributed “as desired” by the CoET, or regularly on a predetermined schedule, i.e. monthly or quarterly.
Probation: The position requires a 90 day period of probation, where both the CoE and the Facilitator can feel the process out and determine if the fit is good. Base salary but no bonus in this first 90 day period.
Best case scenario: The addition of the position improves all phases of the existing proposal pipeline, adds much-needed clarification to business, legal, and tax issues, and increases efficiency as operational complexity grows.
Worst case scenario: For one reason or another, there are many possibilities here, the desired result simply isn’t achieved, wasting the money spent on the probationary period.
You’re being asked to vote on whether or not the CoE should vote on the conceptual idea of a Facilitator position, knowing the scope could change before final duties are agreed on. Please add as many comments as possible to help improve this draft.
I’d also encourage current CoE to comment and vote on this proposal as it will directly affect them.
Should the CoE fund the hiring of a Facilitator/Chief of Staff?
Closed: Failed on community vote.
Thank you for your input and participation on this proposal.