Do someone see any floor to NMR?

As I understand it, crypto lending has grown significantly over the last two years or so:

So I’m curious as to what role that’s played in the crypto crash. After all, it’s hard to short what you can’t borrow. Any insights to this are welcome.

NB: This isn’t a criticism of shorting, I think it’s a necessary part of a free market.

Still $10! Buy until its $10!

3 Likes

Get back in there and sell!

looks like my $8.00 might be turning into a ceiling rather than the floor. Or maybe I should just look at it this way:
(from one of the best kids books ever, The Twits, by Roald Dahl)

I look at the same evidence you do and draw exactly the opposite conclusion. If the payout factor isn’t changing, then that NMR being sold off is not making its way into the tournaments. So where is it going? My best guess is: into the wallets of crypto speculators who are think they’re buying at a discount. Which to me means that NMR is just as correlated with other cryptos as it was before.

2 Likes

Good point on where the NMR goes. It ain’t all going to arbitrage :-). But maybe it goes from weak hands to stronger speculating hands, and thus will be less volatile in the future

Kind of annual déjà vu… at 2022-05-21 #numeraire was at $12.76 and @wigglemuse was almost right. Some new predictions of where is the floor to $NMR?