What do the top models do that lesser models don’t?

Serious question, don’t require detail. Doing a write up and I have to compare my model - idling along in the top 30 to those above and around me. It’s obvious in terms of correlation the top models are miles ahead. What’s the secret? Without actually giving the secret away…

What’s the secret for getting to around top 30? Without giving the secret? :upside_down_face: Serious questions though, I’m still in the hundreds.

4 Likes

What’s the secret for getting to the hundreds? Without giving the secret? :upside_down_face: Serious questions though, I’m still in the thousands.

6 Likes

What’s the secret for staying in the top 100? :slight_smile: I managed that before but not very long lol…

5 Likes

Luck… and crossing fingers that other models to perform less well than mine… :smiley:

3 Likes

I suspect the top models have found unique ways to incorporate eras/time into their models. The stock market is a non stationary system, any model that doesn’t find a way to include time as a factor is likely not going to generalize well. It’s hard to do with numerai data because of the encryption, but I’ve found a few innovative ways to use eras. Those have been my best performing models.

3 Likes