Numerai Coaches wanted

Hi there!
I am the Founder of Solvers Club, a community of people that share an interest in participating in innovation challenges, technology competitions, and hackathons. We help our members find teammates, and provide them with coaching and technical resources to help them in their competitive careers.

We have for the moment launched our AI section, but will be launching soon our Cybersecurity, Engineering and Blockchain sections. Our community is formed by around 100 Data Scientists, who mostly participate in Kaggle competitions. Some of our members have recently shown interest in participating in Numerai, but would need some help getting started. I am looking for someone who could help our members build their first model. Someone any of you would have loved to meet when you first got started in Numerai.

Please, reach out if this sounds like something you might be interested in. We have a (small) budget for this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Have you read the Docs?
https://docs.numer.ai/tournament/new-users

1 Like

this feels “off” to me…

3 Likes

I think it’s probably real enough—they have a website!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: These sorts of helping groups spring up around just about any interesting activity. Usually with fees attached.

But in the case of Numerai, I’d say it’s probably unnecessary. As @scirpus points out, there’s the documentation, and then there’s all the community help freely offered in this forum and on RC. And last but not least, there’s the free software and examples provided by Numerai itself.

2 Likes

Hi there!

Thanks for your comments. Happy to explain in more detail if there is something that is not well understood. Yes, we have a website as well as a Discord server where our members get together. And that’s pretty much it, as we are barely three months old…

There are no fees associated, it is completely free to become a member. Our mission is to help anyone improve in whatever competition they decide to participate in.

It so happens that our members are interested in participating in Numerai and for whatever reason have so far not found it easy to get started. I have in any case shared the resources mentioned with them and it may well be that this is enough to make them take the leap.

Our business model (we do hope to be sustainable) is to become a talent pool for companies that are looking to hire talent in Data Science and other niche verticals we cover. We believe that people that enjoy participating in Numerai, Kaggle and other similar competitions have a unique combination of technical expertise, ambition, and soft skills that make them highly valuable for companies to hire.

In any case, if anyone feels like this is something interesting that they would have liked having access to when they were beginning, or if you are just curious and want to join other people who share your same interests, please reach out.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Your website’s front page states that your recent challenges include Numer.ai; “Club members can access exclusive resources and coaching which will help you get started on this challenge.” This really isn’t consistent with your initial post is it? I hope you succeed but I think you will have to put in far more effort on your part for this to be the case.

3 Likes

Agree this was misleading, it has already been changed. Thanks for pointing that out!

1 Like

Fair enough, I’ll dial back my cynicism! I think if you encourage your members to participate here and on Rocket Chat (when it wakes up, it’s down at the moment), you’ll find an active community willing to lend a hand.

2 Likes