Why are you taking part in this competition?

Hi,

I’m taking part in this as part of an EPQ data science project and I wondered why everyone else is Taking part. Is it prestige, the desire to be top dawg, to demonstrate your machine learning credentials, is it the cash, or maybe something else? Also, who are you and what’s your background. If you care to share.

JW

Here’s my reasons and background, on this previous thread.

TL;DR version–it’s just quite interesting.

4 Likes

because i want to help ensure and accelerate the decentralization of the hedge fund industry.

secondary reasons are to sharpen ml skills, connect to people, make money.

3 Likes

Cool. Thanks for the link to the thread, interesting history you have, perhaps I should’ve searched harder before popping the question :grin:

1 Like

Nice. Have you/are you succeeding in achieving your goals?

I’m definitely succeeding with regard to all my secondary reasons. The first is one that’s, in my opinion, very hard to ascertain until near or at or past success/failure. I hope so!

1 Like

It’s fun! … (Post must be at least 20 chars)

2 Likes

I think “The world’s hardest data science tournament” clicked with me. Also being to make data science skills into money while studying seemed appealing to me.

3 Likes

I think it’s three things:

• A clear and clean data-problem to solve
  • :dollar:
  • Learning machine-learning things which are taught nowhere else. At least I never heard about “feature neutralization” and “making the model not dependent on single features”.
3 Likes

Hi, my name is Arbitrage, and I’ve been an addict for 6 years…

7 Likes

Hiiiiiiiiii arbitrage :laughing:

2 Likes